The Yorkshire Dales is a famously beautiful area of northern England, and Nidderdale is one of its least known parts. Unique among the dales, this scenic valley has three large reservoirs made in the 20th century by damming the River Nidd, creating a haven for birds including rare species. The valley is also rich in human heritage, from mining to Methodism. This 54-mile circuit starts and ends in the charming village of Pateley Bridge, and can be walked comfortably over four to six days.
The book has all you need to plan and enjoy your holiday:
• concise directions, printed on rainproof paper
• 12 pages with detailed route mapping (1:40,000)
• background on River Nidd, minerals and textiles
• four page section on habitats and wildlife
• contact details for accommodation and transport
• Link routes from Ripon and Knaresborough
• lavishly illustrated with 95+ colour photos.