Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 07:37:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  General issues
| | |-+  Go North, where the air is clear, go North...

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Go North, where the air is clear, go North...  (Read 7627 times)
fortypockets

« on: February 06, 2007, 08:41:50 pm »

Evening Jacquetta (Supergran ? won't ask)

Many moons ago, when the Earth was young, I heard rumours that a new long-distance path joining Glasgow to somewhere on the extreme North coast(linking the WHW and GGW to the Wickers) was under construction ? In your role as Supergran have you flown over the region to establish whether this is true or not? Can we expect a new RR ?? Apologies if I'm covering old ground.

FP
Jacquetta
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:57:09 pm »

Grin Sorry, fortypockets, I haven't heard of that one.  The Cape Wrath Trail was devised by the photographer David Paterson (and subsequently plagiarised by two other authors) but is really for hardy backpackers who are happy to do their own route-finding and carry serious loads through wilderness.  We think of RRs as being more for those who like a soft bed at night.  Anyway the CWT goes up the west coast so doesn't sound like the one you want.

As for Supergran, blame the Sunday Post ... but yes, there will always be a new RR on the horizon while I live and breathe! Smiley

Jacquetta Megarry, publisher of Rucksack Readers and forum moderator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: