Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 03:48:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  General issues
| | |-+  Walks near Galway, Ireland

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Walks near Galway, Ireland  (Read 13714 times)
jimmystep

« on: February 08, 2007, 12:10:06 pm »

I'm going to be in Galway for a few days and was wondering if anyone knows of a good circular day walk not to far from the city. I've e-mailed the Galway Walking Club but they advised me to buy a book! Which I may very well do.......

Cheers....Jimmy
RoyHayward
Energetic Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:52:39 pm »

Hi Jimmy,

May be of some use:  www.galway.net/galwayguide/todo/walks/
A series of comparatively short walks around Galway -- possibly worth joining a few together.
Be worth having a look before spending too much cash.

Roy
jimmystep

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 12:27:33 pm »

Thanks Roy, think I'll pop into the tourist info when I get there!

That's an interesting site. Checked out the "Whats on today" link and found out what was on on the 4th July 2006! Might not be kept up to date!  Huh
sandrahal
Energetic Member

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 11:02:24 am »

G'day Jimmy
My first piece of advice is much the same as the other posting, though (from experience) I'd be very sceptical of the value of such a book and wouldn't hold out high hopes of the walks being either or both identifiable/worth doing.
A bit more specifically: Burren National Park, or at least the northern end of it, probably fits into your 'near Galway' criterion. If so, the vicinity of Ballyvaghan and out towards Black Head may be worth investigating.
Good luck!
Sandy
jimmystep

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 04:01:10 pm »

Thanks Sandy for the advice. Will have a look at Burren National Park on the map and see how it fits in. I have e-mailed the Tourist Board and await their reply with not much anticipation!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: