Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2018, 08:21:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
922 Posts in 265 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register

Arran Coastal Way

Perfect companion: our popular waterproof guidebook was updated in 2017
Discount code: RRforums

+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  Arran Coastal Way, Scotland
| | |-+  Arran Coastal Way - April/May 2018.

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arran Coastal Way - April/May 2018.  (Read 56 times)
Buggiba

« on: February 08, 2018, 04:40:18 pm »

All plans are now in place for our 65-mile circumnavigation of the Isle of Arran.
Leaving the West Midlands on Sunday 29th April 2018 my son-in-law and I will travel to Ardrossan to catch the afternoon ferry to Brodick. Accommodation booked in the Brodick Bunkhouse.
Nice early start on Monday 30th April to walk the 17 miles to Lochranza. Might take on Goat Fell, weather dependant  Wink. Overnight in the Lochranza Youth Hostel.
Early start again on Tuesday 1st May to walk the 19 miles to Blackwaterfoot. Staying overnight in Blackwaterfoot Lodge. Here we meet up with our third party member, who couldn't make the first 2 days.
Nice lie-in today, Wednesday 2nd May, as it's only 7 miles to our overnight billet in Kilmory Bunkhouse.
Thursday 3rd May, earlier start today as it's 12 miles to Whiting Bay. Staying at Burlington Guest House.
Friday 4th May. Another 12-miler today with the ferry at Brodick to look forward to. Across the water and on our way home  Smiley.
Hoping for some half-decent weather and no midges.
I have booked a bag-carrying service for the duration of our walk. Well, I will be close to 66-years-old by the time we finish.
I will go into detail regarding the walk, the accommodation and the ancilliary services, including pubs, upon completion.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: