Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 04:16:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  South Downs Way
| | |-+  Accommodation Guide to the South Downs Way.

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Accommodation Guide to the South Downs Way.  (Read 296 times)
Buggiba

« on: July 30, 2017, 01:13:46 pm »

Places I stayed and other observations following my walk along the South Downs Way in July 2017.

Sutton Scotney Services 20/07/17. The Days Inn. Excellent, well-equipped room. Very clean. ?27-50 pppn.

Wetherdown Lodge 21/07/17. Part of the Sustainability Centre. Excellent accommodation, friendly staff. Even undertook to dry out wet clothing. Self-catering facilities only. ?35pppn.

Moonlight Cottage Tea Room and B+B, Cocking, 22/07/17. I used the 4-bed bunkroom here. Well heated and comfortable. No running water and the shower is across the road and around the corner  Sad. Ample room to extend to provide in-house services. ?20pppn.

Harkaway B+B, Bury, 23/07/17. Over a mile from the SDW but worth the walk. ?30 pppn. There is now a South Downs Way bunkhouse about 250 yards from the Way. Wished I'd known this sooner.

Truleigh Hill YHA, 24/07/17. An excellently appointed youth hostel with its own caf? and drinks facility. Nice views too. ?21 pppn.

South Downs Way YHA, 25/07/17. Another excellently provisioned youth hostel situated right on the SDW. ?25 pppn.

Chestnuts B+B, Alfriston, 26/07/17. A lovely tearoom, coffee and cake shop and B+B with great hosts. Expensive at ?55 pppn for single occupancy and a better ?75 twin room. Great and proper oven-baked jacket potatoes. Cakes are made on the premises  Smiley. Nice village too.

Anyone requiring more details please feel free to contact me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: