Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 11:57:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  General issues
| | |-+  Offa's Dyke

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Offa's Dyke  (Read 3499 times)
drlogs

Email
« on: June 04, 2011, 05:22:57 pm »

My husband and I are planning on walking the Offa's Dyke Path in late September.  We are experienced long distance walkers but would appreciate any feedback about this walk.  Specific places to stay or not to stay.  Are OS maps a necessity or is the path marked extremely well.  We have the guide book and as an example never opened our OS maps on the West Highland way and only used our guide book.  Will our guide book be enough to navigate?  Specific pubs that are really good.  Highlights and attractions that are a must, etc.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Jacquetta
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:29:00 pm »

Hello and thanks for starting this topic.

I haven't walked Offa's Dyke so can't comment, but even to speculate about "Will our guidebook be enough to navigate?" it would help to know whose guidebook it is!  Clearly not ours, but waymarking varies widely and it's hard to predict without knowing where you're starting from.

Will also try to find out reactions from people who have walked it.  Thanks for posting.

Jacquetta Megarry, publisher of Rucksack Readers and forum moderator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: