Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 03:58:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register

The West Highland Way

Perfect companion: 4th edition of our
popular waterproof guidebook, updated 2015
Discount code: RRforums

+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  West Highland Way, from near Glasgow to Fort William, Scotland
| | |-+  Campsites

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Campsites  (Read 4463 times)
steve-o
Energetic Member

« on: April 14, 2011, 05:41:30 pm »

Guys et al

Looks like I'm now walking the route the usual way...Panic is slowly starting to set in ...which is probably not a bad thing

Anyhow

I'll be camping. So do I need to prebook the campsites, at most it will be 2 of us with a man tent so we won't be taking up much space... Or can I simply arrive at the relevant campsites en-route.  We'll be using Travel-Lite which is going to be a life saver for me so we'll obviously need to decided which campsites we're using before we start out
steve-o
Energetic Member

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:50:25 pm »

All

As an update

I decided to use the following locations as camps, does anyone have any recommendations for campsites at these locations please ?

Drymen
Rowardennan
Inverarnan
Tyndrum
Inveroran
Kinlochleven

If anyone has any suggestions for good campsites it would be greatly
appreciated
Buggiba

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 09:37:04 pm »

Hi Steve-O, I know how you feel. Only 3 weeks now till we set off from Milngavie!! The only campsite we will be using is the one at Drumquassie, just before Drymen. Reviews aren't brilliant but I have reserved a 'wigwam' for our first night. There is ample space at Beinglas Farm, close to Inverarnan but we didn't see anything at Rowardennan or Tyndrum. There is a good sized pitch at Inveroran and also camping close to the bunkhouse in Kinlochleven. The only one I have used previously is Beinglas Farm and I was not too enamoured but that was for personal reasons and, if you have your own tent, should not constitute a problem. Hope this helps Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: