Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 08:40:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  General issues
| | |-+  Accommodation booking services?

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Accommodation booking services?  (Read 5890 times)
danmur

Email
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:51:55 pm »

Hi everyone - I am planning my first long distance walk (Great Glen Way) in late August, and was thinking about using a service to book accommodation. Has anyone used any that they could suggest? I was thinking about going with a company called Absolute Escapes? Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with them?

Thanks!
Daniel
bsmyth
Trusted Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:14:30 pm »

I have used Contours on several occasions but not on the GGW. I have found them to be very good and efficient. Only problem is if you cancel close to the date of the walk there is little or no refund so make sure you are adequately insured.  Have a look at their website.
danmur

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:09:58 pm »

Thanks for the tip! I will check it out.
Jacquetta
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:21:05 pm »

Welcome, Dan: this is a good place to exchange experiences of the various providers.  There is a list (comprehensive as far as we know) of which companies offer which walks here with plenty to choose from for the Great Glen Way.

Please let us know whom you choose and what you think of the service?

Jacquetta Megarry, publisher of Rucksack Readers and forum moderator
AbsoluteEscapes

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:48:38 pm »

Hi Daniel,

Many thanks for deciding to book your walk along the Great Glen Way with Absolute Escapes Ltd. We aim to provide you with the best possible walking trip along this fine long distance trail and we're sure you won't be disappointed.

I notice someone was asking about cancellation and thought it might be useful to outline our cancellation charges.  If you cancel more than 6 weeks before departure date, we reserve the right to retain the deposit.  If cancellation is made at shorter notice, we charge as follows
  • between 6 weeks and 2 weeks prior to commencement of your trip, 50% of the total cost of the package.
  • 14 days or less prior to commencement of your trip, 100% of the total cost of the package.
We also try to re-sell your package via the News Section of our website and our Facebook and Twitter pages, and if we succeed, we're happy to refund your money less a small admin fee. We do also recommned that clients take out adequate travel insurance which usually covers most reasons for cancellation.

Hope this helps
Andy Gabe
Absolute Escapes Ltd

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: