Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 09:08:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register

The Dingle Way

Perfect companion: fully updated second edition of our popular waterproof guidebook with dropdown map
Discount code: RRforums

+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  Dingle Way, south-west Ireland
| | |-+  Ballycurrane Accommodation

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ballycurrane Accommodation  (Read 15992 times)
AKW

« on: January 26, 2010, 09:31:51 pm »

Hello,

I'm in the process of booking accommodations for walking the Dingle Way this August.  I have found several good sites for researching places to stay for all the towns except Ballycurrane.  Has anyone stayed in Ballycurrane who can suggest the name(s) of accommodations in that village? Any help would be great. 

Thanks!
EoinR

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:53:59 pm »

Hello AKW

When you get that far out west on the Dingle Peninsula, the "townlands" become so small that they all merge into one another.

Ballycurrane can be found alongside Cuas and Feohanagh. If you are looking for accommodation in the area look under these placenames on the Dingle Way website : http://www.dingleway.com/accommodation/index.php

An Bóthar Pub, An Riasc and Coill an Róis all come recommended.
Eoin
AKW

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:43:18 pm »

Eoin,

Thanks for the pointer on the towns.  I was wondering if a merging of towns might be the case and why I couldn't find anything with a Ballycurrane address. I'll check out the ones you have mentioned.

Angella
Jacquetta
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:08:58 pm »

Eoin is right: An Bóthar pub is a great place in a wonderful situation, and the hosts are really helpful and understand walkers' needs (I think they were called Maurice and Aileen).  I had a great time there.  Check their website for more info.

Jacquetta Megarry, publisher of Rucksack Readers and forum moderator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: