Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 01:49:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register

The Dingle Way

Perfect companion: fully updated second edition of our popular waterproof guidebook with dropdown map
Discount code: RRforums

+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  Dingle Way, south-west Ireland
| | |-+  Weather in August

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Weather in August  (Read 6315 times)
Albertoal

Email
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:31:42 pm »

Hello,

I'm planning to do the Dingle way this 20th to 30th august

Could anyone tell me what is normally the weather like during that period of the year?

Thank you

PS Sorry for my English (I'm Spanish  Grin)
Jacquetta
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 07:22:54 am »

Hello Albertoal
Welcome to the forum.  The Dingle Way is a beautiful walk (with quite a lot of road-walking if you aren't used to Ireland) but the weather is hard to predict.  South-west Ireland has, on average, a lot of rain and a temperate, maritime climate.  You are unlikely to have very cold or very hot weather, daily maximum likely to be 12 to 20 C BUT you might feel cold if it's wet and windy, or you might get lucky and have unbroken sunshine.  Even if you did, it won't be nearly as hot as most parts of Spain in summer, as there's usually a sea breeze in most parts of Dingle.

The secret is to bring good waterproofs, and then be delighted if you don't have to use them!  Also be prepared for midges and use a repellent or bog myrtle (plant that repels them).  Good luck, and please tell us how you get on: your English is excellent!

Jacquetta Megarry, publisher of Rucksack Readers and forum moderator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: