Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 03:59:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register

The Kintyre Way

Perfect companion: 2nd edition of our popular waterproof guidebook, fully updated in 2016
Discount code: RRforums

+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  Kintyre Way, western Scotland
| | |-+  New path at Ronachan House

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New path at Ronachan House  (Read 10048 times)
Kintyre Way Ranger
Energetic Member

Email
« on: June 17, 2009, 03:13:53 pm »

Hi all
Just to let everyone know the Kintyre Way now goes through the grounds of Ronachan House south of Clachan, avoiding an unpleasant section of road walking. The new route is waymarked but basically when you reach the end of the pavement turn right into Ronachan House grounds and follow the waymarks until you emerge back at the road beside South Lodge. Please remember that Ronachan House is a hospital and respect the privacy of the residents by passing through quickly and quietly.
goldblade

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 11:46:57 am »

That's great news! I walked the Kintyre Way last September and I think I walked that way anyway. Didn't want to walk along the road as it looked rather dangerous.
Jacquetta
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 04:11:47 pm »

That's brilliant progress, Owen, and I'm sure that grateful walkers will respect the peace of the hospital.  I have uploaded the map clip that you kindly supplied onto our website page for our Kintyre Way guidebook and hope that people will find it there easily.

Thanks so much for keeping us all posted Smiley

Jacquetta Megarry, publisher of Rucksack Readers and forum moderator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: