Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 10:03:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register

The Kintyre Way

Perfect companion: 2nd edition of our popular waterproof guidebook, fully updated in 2016
Discount code: RRforums

+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  Kintyre Way, western Scotland
| | |-+  Bags & Ferries

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bags & Ferries  (Read 7295 times)
hilaryd

Email
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:02:00 am »

We are planning to walk the Kintyre Way this year and would like to spend one night each on Arran (Lochranza) and Gigha.  Did those who've done this (assuming they weren't carrying their own stuff) pick up/leave their bags at the mainland ferry departure points?  Have not been able to get a definite reply from anyone on whether this is possible.
Bonnie Lass

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:01:00 pm »

As ferry points at each section are un-manned, I doubt if there would be a chance to leave bags at the terminals.
SarniaJock

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:14:39 pm »

Hi I feel this is a place I can reply to this Previously The Original Operator for bag transfers on The Kintyre Way would have arranged for you to meet and drop bags for ypur journey to the islands and meet you upon your return form the islands for you to walk and your bags to be carried on to your destination of the day. Having operated that service it worked well but I believe that the persons using my company name with no prior permission I cannot speak for them nor can I recommend or decry what ever sevice they do offer
Sarnia Jock
Kintyre Way Ranger
Energetic Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 11:37:04 am »

There are three companies offerring baggage transfer services on the Kintyre Way now, Henderson Hiring, McDonald minicoaches and Kintyre Konnect.  Any of the three would be able to help with baggage transfer to and from the ferry terminals. Contact details for all three can be found on the Kintyre Way website, www.kintyreway.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: