Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 06:45:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register

Cateran Trail

Perfect companion: our thoroughly revised rainproof guidebook with builtin Footprint mapping
Discount code: RRforums

+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  Cateran Trail, Perthshire
| | |-+  Cows!

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cows!  (Read 6025 times)
LLpops

« on: September 18, 2009, 02:11:34 pm »

Just back from trying to walk from Spittal to Glenisla on the Cateran Trail. I'd only been walking for about 35 minutes when I came across a field containing 4 bulls, and assorted cows with calves.  As I approached the stile one of the bulls came to his feet and moved towards me. Very intimidating! I decided that I would NOT be walking across the field past them and retreated back to my vehicle at the Spittal. By the way I was wearing only dark quiet colours and did not have a dog with me.

What are the rules about putting animals into fields that the Trail crosses? Surely it can't be right to put walkers into this situation.
Loon Dod
Energetic Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 01:25:05 pm »

I dont know what the rules are, but the trail runs through numerous farmers' fields many of which have cows, calves and bulls in them.

I can guess the bit you mean its quite a large area.  There are some bit later on where the field are small and you have to pass between the animals.

Colour of clothing makes no odds to cattle, I have run the route plenty times and just get past them and pay them no heed. I don't have a dog and would not take a dog on parts of the Cateran Trail due to the amount of livestock on it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: