Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 10:18:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register

Cateran Trail

Perfect companion: our thoroughly revised rainproof guidebook with builtin Footprint mapping
Discount code: RRforums

+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  Cateran Trail, Perthshire
| | |-+  Accommodation on the Cateran Trail

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Accommodation on the Cateran Trail  (Read 10229 times)
Carolien

« on: February 19, 2008, 07:23:06 am »

Hi,

We, a group 5 Dutch women, are going to walk the Cateran Trail in May. We are wondering if anyone knows places/hostels that accommodate 5 people in one room?

Is this a busy trail in May (this in view of booking rooms in advance)?

Hope someone can help us.

Carolien
jmcpaul
Energetic Member

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 05:17:37 pm »

Hi Carolien,

The Spittal of Glenshee has a bunkhouse that can accomodate all 5 of you in one room, not sure about any of the other places though. I am walking the whole route in early March and may be able to give some more information when I come back. I was speaking to the owner of a taxi business who does a lot of the baggage handling for the walkers and he was estimating that there are approx 20 new walkers per day on the trail at the peak of the season so it isn't really the busiest of trails but I'd still suggest that you start thinking about booking your accomodation as soon as possible.
katymonkey

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 06:12:22 pm »

Sorry I can't help you there. Three of us walked the trail two years ago and were able to be accommodated in one room at every hotel. You may need to consider booking a twin and a triple room in a lot of places.  The Glenisla Hotel is quite small and it was a camp bed that they put into the room for us in order for all 3 of us to stay together.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: