Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 04:22:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
921 Posts in 264 Topics by 2344 Members
Latest Member: DezHowl
* Home Help Search Login Register

Cateran Trail

Perfect companion: our thoroughly revised rainproof guidebook with builtin Footprint mapping
Discount code: RRforums

+  Rucksack Readers
|-+  Rucksack Readers
| |-+  Cateran Trail, Perthshire
| | |-+  ACCOMMODATION ALONG THE TRAIL

« previous next »

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ACCOMMODATION ALONG THE TRAIL  (Read 8453 times)
FLAVIO1960

« on: March 19, 2008, 08:47:30 am »

I'll walk the Cateran Trail in the next month of June (possibly not weekend days) without reserving any accommodation, so as to be free to walk as I prefer each day. So I should be pleased to know if, for your experience, you think that usually it's possible to find accommodation at the end of each section, and also along some sections (Kirkmichael-Spittal of Glenshee, Spittal - Kirkton of Glenisla and Kirkton-Alyth). Thank you.
Flavio 
katymonkey

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 06:06:34 pm »

I always tend to book my accommodation in advance. There only is the hotel at Spittal of Glenshee and although it is large they were catering for two coachloads the night I stayed there.

Kirkton of Glenisla is tiny: blink and you'd miss it! There is a shop/post office which was packed out when the three of us tried to cram in! The hotel was lovely, an English couple had just taken over and they couldn't have been nicer. It only has a couple of rooms, though, so I would probably book there to be on the safe side. Alyth was the largest place of the three and had quite a few places to stay so that shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy the walk but watch out for the clegs (horse flies), I was savaged by them on this walk but we did have glorious sunshine every day!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: