The Speyside Way
This new version of our popular guidebook was reprinted with revisions in September 2010.
The Speyside Way runs for 80 miles (128 km) from the fishing port of Buckie to Aviemore in the foothills of the Cairngorms. Following the lovely valley of the River Spey, you walk through countryside rich in malt whisky and wildlife, along riverside paths, railway trackbed and forest and moorland tracks.
This fully revised edition of the essential trail guide has mapping from Footprint in five panels, updated plans of villages along the Way, including a new Grantown plan and directions from the new terminus in Buckie. The book is co-authored by the Speyside Way Route Manager, and contains all you need to plan and enjoy your holiday:
- the Way step-by-step, with summaries of distance, terrain and refreshments
- other walks including the Badenoch Way and Dufftown circuit
- habitats and wildlife, including dolphin, osprey and wildcat
- expanded coverage of whisky-making and distilleries
- planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane
- in full colour, with 70 photographs
- drop-down map showing the Speyside Way, plus Tomintoul spur (1:100,000)
- waterproof paper throughout.
For details of Speyside Way walking holiday providers, visit our Links page.
Moray Way bookpack: save £2.50
With these two guidebooks (Moray Coast Trail and Speyside Way) you can complete a challenging 95-mile circuit (153 km) as explained on pages 58-59 of the Moray Coast Trail guidebook: book value is £21.98, our price £19.50.
Perfect partner: waterproof Footprint route map £5
- The Speyside Way
- Jacquetta Megarry and Jim Strachan
- September 2010
- UK price £10.99
- 64pp+5pp map flap
- 145x210 mm
- ISBN: 978-1-898481-27-0