The Moray Coast Trail
with Dava Way and Moray Way
This book describes two contrasting routes in north-east Scotland: the Moray Coast Trail from Forres to Cullen beside the Moray Firth, and the Dava Way, an inland route from Grantown to Forres. The Moray Coast Trail consists of 44 miles/70 km of beach walking, coastal paths, quiet roads and old railways. Its views are across coves, beaches and skerries to the vastness of the Moray Firth and the North Sea. The Dava Way extends for 23 miles/38 km inland with vistas of mountain, moorland and farmland.
We also introduce the Moray Way, a concept combining most of the above two routes with part of the Speyside Way to form a 95-mile circuit of considerable beauty and historical interest.
This essential guidebook contains all you need to plan and enjoy your holiday on and near the Moray Firth:
- detailed descriptions of both routes, with summaries of distance, terrain and refreshments
- details of visitor attractions and side-trips
- richly illustrated habitats and wildlife
- planning information for travel by car, bus and plane
- contacts for accommodation
- maps showing both routes at 1:80,000
- in full colour, with 65 photographs
- waterproof paper throughout.
Moray Way bookpack: save £2.50
With these two guidebooks (Moray Coast Trail and Speyside Way) you can complete a challenging 95-mile circuit (153 km) as explained on pages 58-59 of the Moray Coast Trail guidebook: book value is £21.98, our price £19.50.
Our guidebooks include small-scale maps as a dropdown flap. On some itineraries a good map may be vital for safety, and some walkers prefer always to carry detailed maps. Here is our list of recommended maps:
- The Moray Coast Trail: with Dava Way and Moray Way
- Sandra Bardwell
- November 2010
- UK price £10.99
- 64pp+4pp map flap
- 145x220 mm
- ISBN: 978-1-898481-40-9