Summit of Africa
At 5895 m (19,340 ft) Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest free-standing mountain on earth. The author has summited by all the main trekking routes, and compares them in detail. She also describes the ascent of nearby Mount Meru which makes an ideal acclimatisation climb.
The book describes the habitat zones, geology and history of Mount Kilimanjaro. It contains
- concise advice on planning and preparation
- how to choose your route, itinerary and team
- how to prevent and manage altitude sickness
- details of Machame, Lemosho, Marangu and Rongai routes
- practical tips on gear and packing
- foldout map with all routes on the mountain
- 98 pages with open-flat binding
- in full colour, with 90 photographs
- on waterproof paper.
4-for-3 on Pocket Summits
Normally £9.99 each, we are offering 4-for-3 on these collectable titles. Written by mountaineers for mountaineers (both armchair and real), these celebrated guidebooks have had excellent reviews, and also make a flattering gift.
Bundle contains 1 copy of each title. For a different mix, please email us.
Our guidebooks include small-scale maps as a dropdown flap. On some itineraries a good map may be vital for safety, and some walkers prefer always to carry detailed maps. Here is our list of recommended maps:
- Kilimanjaro: Summit of Africa
- Jacquetta Megarry
- 12 October 2009
- UK price £9.99
- 98+2pp map flap
- 105x145 mm; weight 112g/4oz
- ISBN: 978-1-898481-52-2