The Kerry Way
The Kerry Way runs for about 130 miles (210 km) through Ireland's most spectacular mountain landscapes, starting and finishing in the town of Killarney. Dramatic peaks and glens, wild moorlands, lakes and windswept passes blend magnificently with extensive coastal panoramas. The complete walk takes nine days, but it can easily be shortened.
This new edition of our guidebook was published in June 2010 with fully revised route directions and many new photos. It contains all you need to plan and enjoy your holiday on the Kerry Way:
- the Way in sections, with summaries of distance, terrain and where to find food and drink
- concise background on geology, scenery and wildlife
- a special feature on Carrauntoohil, Ireland's highest peak
- planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane
- in full colour, with over 70 photographs
- drop-down map of the Kerry Way in five panels (1:118,000)
- on waterproof paper throughout.
Please visit our Kerry Way forum.
To visit an informative website, click KerryWay.com.
Save nearly £6 on Kerry package
Perfect partner: OSI Kerry Way 3-map pack £21.75
3-map pack of Ordnance Survey Ireland 1:50,000 maps (sheets 78, 83 and 84) special price £21.75 (£3 discount); covers the whole route in detail
- The Kerry Way
- Sandra Bardwell
- June 2010 (2nd ed)
- UK price £10.99
- 64pp+5pp map flap
- 145x210 mm
- ISBN: 978-1-898481-35-5
“An eye-catching, colourful publication with ... extensive background information and superb photographs ... Most important, the walking directions are detailed and clear.”
J Monaghan's review in Irish Mountain Log, Spring 2006